Pages

Friday, August 10, 2012

ENGLAND VICTORY 2012 OLYMPIC.

Jones overcomes pain to win gold

Jade Jones fought through the pain barrier to land Britain's first taekwondo Olympic gold with a stunning victory over world champion Hou Yuzhuo of China in the women's under-57kg final at ExCeL.

Jade Jones of Great Britain celebrates with her gold medal
Jade Jones of Great Britain celebrates with her gold medal after the women's -57kg Taekwondo final on Day 13.
The Wales teenager - world silver medallist after being beaten by Hou in Korea last year - had opened her Olympic debut with an impressive 15-1 victory over Serbian Dragana Gladovic and dispatched Japan's Mayu Hamada 13-3 in the last eight before a late rally of trademark headkicks beat world number one Tseng Li-Cheng of Chinese Taipei.
The 19-year-old from Flintshire showed no fear in the final tonight against the Chinese fighter, closing out a 6-4 victory as South Arena 1 erupted.
Jones was not going to let anything get in the way of her Olympic dream.
"I hurt my foot in the very first fight, it was a kick to the shin, so I had an injection in it," said Jones.
"At first, I was whinging and feeling sorry for myself, but I just had to deal with because I wanted to win."

No comments:

Post a Comment